THE TYPE OF INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We collect nonpublic personal information about the Plan from the following sources: information we receive from the Plan on applications or other forms and information about the Plan’s transactions with us, our affiliates or others (including claims submissions, information we receive from utilization review organizations, preferred provider organizations, case management firms, medical providers, drug card vendors, independent medical review panels, disease management organizations, stop loss carriers and their agents, and health, life and disability insurance carriers).
CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law.
CATEGORIES OF PARTIES TO WHOM WE MAY DISCLOSE NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about the Plan to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as insurance agents, health, life and disability insurers, and health maintenance organizations.
- Non-financial companies, such as utilization review organizations, preferred provider organizations, case management firms, medical providers, drug card vendors, independent medical review panels, disease management organizations, and UR&C providers.
- Other entities, such as reinsurers and their agents.
We also may disclose nonpublic personal information about the Plan to affiliated and nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law.
We may also disclose the following information to companies that perform services on our behalf, such as providing services to us in connection with account administration, marketing our services or products, or marketing the services or products of other financial institutions:
- Information we receive from the Plan on applications or other forms, such as a Plan participant’s name, address, social security number, names of beneficiaries, employer, previous insurance coverage, and other insurance coverage.
- Information about the Plan’s transactions with us, such as policy coverage and claims history.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF YOUR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about the Plan to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to the Plan. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard the Plan’s nonpublic personal information.